A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Shields Up! is based on game I made back in the late 90s.
Unfortunately the original game including the source code got lost. Thus I recently decided to create a remake.
The remake differs from the original in two points:
- There is no „hard-core“ mode (yet). In this mode the key layout was randomized and displayed when a new game was started.
- The game was (and still is) randomized, but in the remake you can enter a seed to replay the same level.
How to play:
Press W and S to activate the up and down shield, left and right arrow key to activate left and right shield.
- Use the shields (yellow = down, blue = up) to avoid damage by spaceships
- If any spaceship touches lowered shields, you will lose health (red top bar)
- If a life pots touches lowered shields, you will regenerate health (red top bar)
- Shields will fail, when the shield energy is used up (blue top bar)
- Keep shields down to regenerate shield energy (blue top bar)
Currently there are no plans to improve the game, but nothing is set in stone … :)
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.