SplitTrain is now in beta
I finally found some time to create a major update for the game.
The one thing bugging me most was the lack of levels. Although I did not add new levels, I spent a lot of time to implement an in-game level editor, so that players can create their own levels.
This was possible before, but a) limited to editing the 3 existing levels and b) levels were stored in a very confusing custom format.
The editor still has some quirks, but it is way better then editing text files! :D
I also spent some time polishing the game, here is a (more or less) complete list of the changes since alpha 28:
- Added in-game level editor and level browser
- Added a welcome message and some web links
- Added a game icon and a config screen image
- Added new scenery objects
- Added more information about points and multipliers
- Improved existing track events and scenery objects
- Changed custom level format to more readable json
- Removed the limit of 100 track events and 100 scenery objects
- Removed the necessity of having a track event after the final station
- Did a lot of code refactoring and code cleanup :)
Please note that highscores from the alpha version will not get carried over to the beta version.
There is still a lot on the to-do list, and I hope I can spend some time in the future to add new features!
In the meantime, have fun with the new version. I am looking forward to receiving your feedback.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.