A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
SplitTrain is a challenging reaction mini-game inspired by "Densha de Go!".
Drive a train, try to be on time and simultaneously remove obstacles from the track.
SplitTrain is a spare time project.
Currently it is in beta and I am adding features from time to time.
There are are very few levels, however I added an in-game level editor, so everybody can edit and create levels.
Also, the content is not complete yet. I will add more assets to the obstacles and decoration in future updates.
You can find the changelog here: https://tom.io/splittrain/
I am happy to receive any feedback. If you design a new level (see "Edit levels" below) and find that it could be included in the game, make sure to send it to me! :)
How to play:
A basic tutorial is included, but reading this section is advised.
- Drive the train within the speed limit
- To increase the score multiplier
- Pass checkpoints at the correct time
- Complete track events before the train passes them
- Stop the train at the terminal station (EOL) to avoid a penalty
Press Tabulator to switch between top camera (train) and bottom camera (action)
When the train camera is active:
- Use left and right arrow key to increase / decrease power and breaking
- Use up and down arrow key for neutral, full power or full breaks
When the action camera is active:
- Use left and right arrow key to move the camera
- Hold up or down arrow key to complete the track events
Press ESC to open the menu
- The tutorial messages can be toggled in the options menu
Levels can be edited with the integrated level editor. Click on a level in the main menu while holding left shift to open the level edtior.
You can change existing levels or add your own!
If you made a level you think is fun, let me kown! I will consider adding it to the game. :)
The levels are stored as json text files in game directory under the SplitTrain_Data\Resources\Levels subfolder.
Find out more about the level editor here: https://tom.io/splittrain/
Get in touch:
Feel free to send me an email: http://tom.io/kontakt
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.