A downloadable game for Windows
SplitTrain is a challenging reaction mini-game inspired by "Densha de Go!".
Drive a train, try to be on time and simultaneously remove obstacles from the track.
SplitTrain is a "for fun" spare time project. Currently it is somewhere between a prototype and an alpha version. It still misses some planned features and does neither have a pretty interface nor proper level design.
The 3D assets were bought from the Unity Asset store and might be replaced at some later point.
I will be happy to receive any feedback. Also, if you like to design a new level (see "Edit levels" below) and think it could be included in the game, make sure to send it to me! :)
How to play:
A basic tutorial is included, but reading this section is advised.
- Drive the train within the speed limit
- To increase the score multiplier
- Pass checkpoints at the right time
- Complete track events
- Stop the train at the terminal station to avoid a penalty
Press Tabulator to switch between top camera (train) and bottom camera (action)
When the train camera is active:
- Use left and right arrow key to increase / decrease power and breaking
- Use up and down arrow key for neutral, full power or full breaks
When the action camera is active:
- Use left and right arrow key to move the camera
- Hold up or down arrow key to complete the track events
Press ESC to open the menu
- The tutorial messages can be toggled in the options menu
The levels are simple text files located in the SplitTrain_Data\Resources\Levels folder.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.